Grönqvist house (Grönqvistin talo)
To the alley of the Esplanade beyond the facade of the first neo-Renaissance building in Helsinki, built in 1883. The author of the project architect Theodor Höijer, On the sculptural design of the facade worked Karl Magnus von Wright, the interior decoration was performed by the artist F. Uhrström.
At the time of construction it was the largest residential building in Scandinavia, Helsinki residents have nicknamed it “Grönqvist stone wall” on behalf of the customer and the first owner, municipal councillor of Frederick William Grönqvist.
In 1930, the luxury apartments of the house were rebuilt into office space. Now the house belongs to the Ilmarinen insurance company .
In 1970, the house was renovated, the decoration of facades was restored in 1997.