Helsinki. Uspenski Cathedral (Uspenskin, Uspenskij-katedralen)
In the western side of the Katajanokka island on a rocky hill stands the Uspensky Church (map), the Cathedral of the diocese of Helsinki Finland Archbishopric of the Patriarchate of Constantinople (Orthodox Church of Finland). It is the largest Orthodox Church in Northern Europe.
The temple was founded in 1857, the author of the project - Russian academician A. M. Gornostayev. The Cathedral was built in the style of Russian wooden churches of the 14th century, it is also possible to see the features of white stone Church in the Moscow suburb of Kolomenskoye, built in the 16th century. The solemn consecration of the Church dedicated to the assumption of the virgin, took place in the presence of the St. Petersburg nobility 23 October 1868.